- We will protect your data by putting in place safeguards to minimize the risk of unauthorized access (e.g., encryption1, firewalls).
- We will use your data to provide you services, improve the application and its benefits to you, and support research.
- We will not sell your data to data brokers2, marketing or advertising networks.
|USE: How we use your data internally|
|We collect and use your identifiable data3|
|· To provide the primary service of Alertgy’s apps or technologies.
· To develop marketing materials for our products
· To conduct scientific research.
· For company operations (e.g., quality control, post-marketing surveillance (FDA) or fraud detection).
· To develop and improve new and current products and services (e.g., analytics4).
|SHARE: How we share your data externally with other companies or entities|
|We share your identifiable data:|
|· To provide the primary service of Alertgy’s apps or technologies, with your consent (e.g., sending an alert to a loved one).
· To conduct scientific research (with your consent).
· For company operations (e.g. quality control, post-marketing surveillance (FDA) or fraud detection).
· To sell and send you a device.
|We share your data AFTER removing identifiers (note that remaining data may not be anonymous):|
|· To conduct scientific research
· For company operations (e.g., quality control, fraud detection)
· To develop and improve new and current products and services (e.g., analytics)
|SELL: Who we sell your data to|
|We do not sell your identifiable data to anyone.|
|We may sell your data AFTER removing identifiers to organizations to advance research and the development of applications to improve health with a requirement they not share or re-identify the data. However, we will not sell this data to data brokers, marketing and advertising networks.|
|STORE: How we store your data|
|Your data will be stored on your smartphone and the device.|
|Your data will be stored outside of the device at our company or, on our behalf, with an outside secure cloud computing platform5.|
|ENCRYPTION: How we encrypt your data|
|The application encrypts the data while it is being transmitted from the band to the phone and as it is transmitted to our database.|
|The application encrypts the data on your smartphone by default.|
|The data is encrypted when it is stored on our company servers or with an outside cloud computing services provider.|
|PRIVACY: How this technology accesses other data|
|This technology will request access to other device data or applications to support your Alerts: your Contacts and Location services.
You can check the settings on the application. (If you deny access, the Alerts feature will not work.)
|This technology will not allow you to share the collected data with your social media accounts.|
|This technology will allow you to share the collected data with others (e.g., you healthcare provider’s Electronic Health Record).|
|USER OPTIONS: What you can do with the data that we collect|
|· You can access, share and delete your data that is identified. User-entered data can be edited.
· Your de-identified data cannot be deleted as we wil not be able to determine which data belonged to you.
|DEACTIVATION6: What happens to your data when your account is deactivated|
|When your account is deactivated/terminated by you or by Alertgy, your data are retained and used until you request deletion.|
|We will notify you about any policy change through the application where you will also find an active link to the current policy.|
|BREACH: How we will notify you and protect your data in case of an improper disclosure|
|Alertgy complies with all applicable laws regarding breaches. In the event of a breach we will notify you through your application. We protect your information by encrypting identifiable information and storing data in a way to minimize the ability of an entity to link device data, identifiable information, and payment/financial data.|
|CONTACT US: We look forward to your feedback|
Melbourne, Florida, United States
- Encryption means: a method of converting an original message of regular text into encoded text in such a way that only authorized parties can read it.
- Data broker means: companies that collect personal information about consumers from a variety of public and non-public sources and resell the information to other companies.
- Identifiable data means: data, such as your name, phone number, email, birthdate, address, or information on your health conditions, that can be used on its own or with other information to identify you.
- Analytics means: the process of examining data to draw conclusions from that information.
- Cloud computing means: a kind of Internet-based computing that provides shared processing resources and data to computers and other devices on demand.
- Deactivation means: an individual takes action or a company ceases operation or deactivates an individual’s account due to inactivity.